- Assistant Professor, Film Studies and Women's and Gender Studies
- Ph.D., Visual and Cultural Studies, University of Rochester, 2006
- M.A., Visual and Cultural Studies, University of Rochester, 2003
- M.A., Cinema Studies, San Francisco State University, 1997
- B.A., Film Studies, University of Utah
Areas of Interest:
- Areas of specialization include Film Theory, Transnational Film History, Queer Theory and Gender Theory.
- Teaching interests include Gender Theory, Film History, European and American Independent Cinema, Documentary and Avant-Garde Cinema, Cold War-era Film Culture.
- The Lavender Art House—monograph.
“In and Out or: ‘The Ambiguity of the Jewel,’” Criticism (Wayne State University Press), accepted and forthcoming.
- Queer Bergman: Sexuality, Gender, and the European Art Cinema, University of Texas Press, 2013.
- "Blame the Swedish Guy': The Cultural Construction of a Cold War Auteur," Post Script, Jacksonville, FL, Winter, 2008-2009
- "One Summer of Heterosexuality: Lost and Found Lesbianism in a Forgotten Swedish Film," GLQ: A Journal of Lesbian and Gay Studies, Duke University Press, 2007, vol. 13, no 1.
Phone: (979 845-2785
Fax: (979) 845-6125
Office: 302C Bolton Hall